If you want to invest on a home security system for the safety and protection of your family, then surveillance home cameras might be the thing you’re looking for.
These devices are in high demand because they have been proven to be effective for keeping intruders/burglars off properties. Apart from the security of your house, you can utilize them for monitoring your newborn baby, younger kids, as well as keep an eye on your dog. Following are some options:
For Home Security
Local area and monitored alarm are two main types of security systems available on the market that you can install to protect your home.
- Local Area System contain relatively basic security equipment. They use various types of sensors that you can place in different parts of your house for example, your doors and windows. Some models also include motion detectors. Also known as “bells only”, they use a sound alarm that goes off whenever a threat is perceived.
- Monitored Home Security System use advanced home security devices in order to provide better safety and protection, that’s why they are relatively expensive. Mainly, video surveillance equipment is used and cameras are connected for central monitoring. There are some specific models that alert the police and sound the alarm whenever a threat is perceived.
For Child Safety and Surveillance
Security cams are the best choice if you are concerned about the safety of your children in the hands of a maid or babysitter. Two main options available for this purpose are:
- Hidden Surveillance Cameras are the ideal choice when it comes to surveilling nannies/babysitters and ensuring the safety of your children. They are small and really hard to notice if placed in proper areas of your home. You can use these devices to keep an eye on how your kids are being treated by the babysitter.
- Video Baby Monitors are a great alternative to hidden cams and also a better option when you want good picture quality. You can place them where the babysitter normally interacts with your child for example, your child’s bedroom, the living room, in the kitchen, etc. Furthermore, you can place long range video baby monitors in each part of your house, in this way you will be able to keep an eye on the entire home.
- HD Baby Monitors are specially designed to provide higher picture quality as well as some additional features such as lullabies, light projections, temperature sensors, two-way communication, etc. so, they are a better option as they allow you to see what exactly your kids are doing and how they feel, what they need, etc.
Do You Know What Happens When You Leave Your Dog At Home Alone?
Standard indoor home security system and treat dispenser cameras both work well for this purpose.
You can easily keep an eye on your dog and monitor his activities with a standard home security equipment.
You don’t need to buy one that records HD video for this purpose so it will also cost you relatively less. These cameras nowadays offer clear footage with real-time experience as well as other useful tools for remote viewing. So, it is a great option for those who have a dog in their house.
Another good alternative to a standard piece of at-home surveillance equipment are the treat dispenser cams as they can provide fun and comfort for dogs at home alone. It also allows you to monitor your dog and even communicate with him for your piece of mind.
Things to Think About When Looking for Home Security Cams
Considering the types of security and surveillance equipment available on the market, purchasing such devices for the safety and monitoring of babysitter, your kids and pets can be a difficult task.
In order to find the best one for your needs, it is recommended that that you look for certain aspects such as motion sensors, timers for your lamps, a wireless or Wi-Fi cam, whole home wireless security, etc. Beware some additional tools may be required to properly install video surveillance in your house.
Good news is that most home security cameras record in high resolution. Some good quality ones are capable of producing quality images and even come with night vision that will help you monitor easily at night. Of course, you will have to spend a little extra for such models.
Apart from the upfront cost of the surveillance equipment, there are also maintenance costs that you should keep in mind. Although there are home security systems that are easy to install, there are models that require some technical skills and so you’d hire professionals.
If monitoring your baby is your top priority, then video baby monitors or nanny cams are the way to go. The ability to see your infant with a good picture quality allows you to keep him/her safe in more than one ways. With these devices, you will always be able to make sure that your baby remains safe and secure. It reduces the strain of having to stay near your child all the time and also gives you more freedom around the house.
All in all, there is no one-fit-all solution to monitor your kids, your dog, and keep your home safe and secure at the same time. While home security system is a good choice when it comes to protecting your house, it is not always suitable for monitoring your kids. It is recommended that you purchase something that is better designed for this purpose e.g. a video baby monitor.